Ms ARMITAGE question to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Mrs HISCUTT
Will the Leader please advise -
(1) The current waiting list for colonoscopy and endoscopy categories 1, 2 and 3 at -
(a) North West Regional Hospital?
(b) Royal Hobart Hospital?
(c) Launceston General Hospital?
(2) How many cases are over-boundary in each category across the state in the abovementioned hospitals?
(3) What is the length of time they have been over-boundary?
(4) Can the Leader please confirm that urgent category 1 cases should be seen within 30 days, category 2 cases within 90 days and category 3 cases within 365 days?
(5) Can the Leader please advise the median wait times for category 1, 2 and 3 patients at the North West Regional Hospital, the Royal Hobart Hospital and the Launceston General Hospital?
Mr President, I thank the member for Launceston for her question, the answer to which includes a table.
It is only a small table so I will not table it.
I can put this in writing if you like but for question (3), what is the length of time they have been over-boundary? I would prefer not to be given an average because I believe that category 1 might be a bit different to the others. Would you like me to put that in writing?
Mrs Hiscutt - I would like the member to clarify that in writing. Thank you.