Executive Search Agencies - Locations
Ms ARMITAGE to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Mrs HISCUTT
Would the Leader please advise -
(1) Further to the answers provided by the Leader on 23 September 2020 regarding the list of executive search agencies used to vet and seek out candidates for board positions, can the Leader please advise where each executive search agency is located rather than the answer 'a mix of Tasmanian and interstate agencies'?
(2) Can the Leader advise the total amount paid to these executive search agencies for the financial year from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020?
(3) What is the Government's budget for the use of executive search agencies for the immediate past financial year? Was that budget met or exceeded? If it was exceeded, by how much?
Mr President, I thank the member for Launceston for her question.
(1) The location of each executive search agent is as follows: Chapman Executive, Launceston; Cordiner King, Melbourne; Alan Wilson Consulting, Hobart; Watermark Search International, Sydney; and Searchlight Group, Melbourne.
(2) Government businesses pay the executive search agencies directly. Questions on the details of the amount paid for a financial year may be put during scrutiny at government business enterprise hearings.
(3) As government businesses pay the executive search agency no government budget is required.
Ms Armitage - I will follow it up at GBEs.